QuickBooks is an advanced accounting application that provides comprehensive solutions for all the business management needs of businesses. It particularly caters to small and medium-sized businesses. It provides add-on services such as the QuickBooks Payroll and PoS to make different processes easier for the users. QuickBooks error 15222 is concerned with the QuickBooks Payroll services. When you try to update your QuickBooks Payroll or download a maintenance release or tax table, you can get the error. This blog inspects the reasons behind the error and the methods that are effective in troubleshooting it.
What can cause the QuickBooks update error code 15222?
There are various reasons that can hamper the update process and produce the QuickBooks update error code 15222. These have been enumerated below for you:
- The primary reason behind the error is a failure to verify the digital signature.
- If the Internet Explorer browser fails to register the signature, the error can occur.
- Internet Explorer not set as the default browser can also cause an error on your system.
- The antivirus application may interfere with the program files causing the error.
Understanding the reasons behind the error can help you resolve the error easily. You can narrow down the methods that can be applied to fix the error.
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop error 15222?
There are multiple effective methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop error 15222. You can choose any one of these methods to resolve the error successively. If you are unsure, then follow the methods in the order provided below:
Method 1: Installing the Digital Signature Certificate on your browser
- You should close all the running windows of the QuickBooks application.
- Open the File Explorer and reach the C drive.
- Go to the Program File > Intuit > QuickBooks to open the folder.
- Search the QBW32.exe file and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Properties’ option and click on ‘Digital Signature.’
- Select Intuit inc. from the signature list.
- Click to view the certificates and then click on ‘Install Certificates.’
- Press the ‘Next button and then press ‘Finish.’
- Restart your system and then try to download the update again.
Method 2: Turn off the Firewall
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on your home screen.
- Press the ‘Settings’ option and select the ‘Windows Security’ option.
- Open the ‘Windows firewall.’
- Put QuickBooks as an exception and save it.
This should help resolve the error as the firewall will not block QuickBooks updates. Through this blog, we discussed the reasons that primarily cause the QuickBooks error 15222 on your system. It also explains the methods that are effective in troubleshooting the error. You can follow the steps provided above to resolve the issue yourself. If you are still struggling and need an expert’s help.