Discover the infinite number of decorative possibilities. Thanks to its variety of textures, modern wallpaper has proven to be a wall covering high decorative value. Adopted in small touches or on entire walls, it has the power to revamp a room and assert the character of the decor. Wallpaper is also the top solution for our inexpensive makeover projects, no matter the room. So it’s no surprise that we’re always looking for new creative ways to revisit it. To reveal its decorative potential, nothing better than a wallpaper headboard. This original headboard will transform your bed into a central element as a single strip or as a wall. Discover the infinite number of decorative possibilities for the space above your bed with our DIY projects and our inspiring gallery.
The framed wallpaper is an ideal solution for those who want to personalize the sleeping space with a decorative and trendy headboard. A wallpaper frame as a headboard makes a splash in the bedroom and is a chic accent that recalls the elegance of a work of art. In addition, this easy DIY project allows you to recycle leftover wallpaper or use the luxurious model you’ve always dreamed of. To make the frame for your headboard, place a strip of wallpaper of the desired dimensions on the wall and frame it with moldings or framing strips. An original wall decoration that could find its place in any room of the house and cool drawing ideas.
Want to transform a simple bedroom into a room full of character that suits you? Option for a wallpaper accent wall arranged behind the bed. In this way, you frame the headboard while playing on the optical effects, thanks to the colors and the patterns. Thus, a panoramic image or a wallpaper in darker shades gives depth to a small bedroom. If you are looking for a wall covering without a long-term commitment for your rental apartment, the adhesive wallpaper in repositionable or self-adhesive version offers a solution that is both practical and chic.
Highlight your bed by diverting a strip of wallpaper from the original headboard. For an even more striking effect, play on the contrast of the wallpaper with the traditional headboard. Whatever the desired effect, a headboard that harmonizes with the rest of the decor or a strip of wallpaper in shades that stands out, the most intimate space will have its central place in the bedroom.
DIY project number 1. Bring a touch of elegance to the master bedroom with this reclaimed headboard project sublimated by non-woven wallpaper.
- A roll of non-woven wallpaper
- Two hollow isophane doors, h.203 cm × l.92 cm
- Paste for wallpaper
- A saw
- A cutter
- A glue brush
- Wood rasp
- A leader, a stripe pattern, and a line
- 4 screws at 3″
- Felt pads
- Electric screwdriver
- Measure and mark 8 inches from one of the doors’ top edge and bottom edge. Cut the two 20 cm wooden planks. Using a wood rasp, refine the edges. The other door does not require cutouts, and it will serve as the base of the headboard.
- Measure the edge of the shutter and add 5cm to make sure the edge will fully cover. Cut the strip with a cutter. Lay the strip of wallpaper flat on the work surface and use a glue brush to spread adhesive exactly on the end of the pattern. Proceed in the same way to put the wallpaper on the other wing and the upper edge of the second door.
- Let the glue dry for 4 to 6 hours. Cut off the excess wallpaper with a craft knife.
- Cover the rest of the wings and the headboard with wallpaper. Take the measurements of the rest of the surface of the two wings, adding 5 cm. Cut the wallpaper to the dimensions obtained. Apply glue and apply the wallpaper to the surface to be covered. Do the same with the base of your headboard. Let it dry and cut off the excess paper.
- The place felt glides under the DIY headboard to protect the floor.
- Assemble the construction. Screw the fenders to the base construction using 2 screws per fender. Drill the holes 2.5 cm from the outer edge for more stability.
DIY to make a wallpaper headboard
- Paper to make the template
- A pair of scissors or a cutter
- A tape measure
- A pencil, an eraser
- Wallpaper paste
- First, determine the shape of the lines for your DIY headboard. Transfer the design to the card stock and cut it out to get your template. To make sure the design will be perfectly symmetrical, draw half of the final design on separate sheets. Trace their outlines on other sheets of paper to cut out the other half of the design.
- There are pair of ways to use the pattern to the wallpaper: make a real-size mockup or draw the pattern directly on the back of the wallpaper.
- Follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions for pasting the wallpaper.
Also Read: Business Banking Accounts