A spice that has made a long journey to reach Indian but now it is extensively used in not just Indian cooking but also for its medicinal properties. Whole jeera or cumin is dark brown oblong seeds that has a distinct taste and often used for its strong aroma and earthy bitter flavour. Regarded as one of the oldest spice used in the culinary world, these flavourful seeds have become an integral part of Indian cuisine and kitchens.
It is one such versatile spice that is used across many delicacies and cuisines, imparting numerous health benefits and a wonderful note to your food. It is often used in dishes, either fried or roasted to enhance their flavours. Cumin seed powder or jeera powder of roasted seeds is quite popular as a seasoning for numerous dishes and drinks in India. Ceepee offers finest quality along with best cumin seeds rate. You can buy cumin seeds at Big Basket and Grofers among many other platforms.
Cumin seeds have its bags full of health benefits and medicinal values apart from enticing flavour. From antiseptic to antibacterial, it boasts of many other useful properties that help you alleviate your overall health.
Aids Digestion: With the presence of substance thymol, cumin acts as a digestive agent, stimulating the enzymes and in turn allows better secretion of digestive juices.
Good for Metabolism and Detoxification: It serves a detoxifying agent with the help of the presence of thymol, aldehyde and phosphorus. It also increases metabolism.
Promotes Healthy Skin: Presence of good amount of vitamin E in cumin seeds helps keeping our skin moist, supple and tight. It can also be used to treat boils.
Strengthen Immunity System: With its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, Jeera or cumin seeds keep diseases at distance and thus making out immunity system strong. Rich in vitamin C, it helps fighting with infections.
The warm and earthy flavours of jeera with notes of both sweetness and bitterness make this spice unique in taste. When properly toasted, it infuses optimum level of flavour by realising its aromatic oils. Besides bringing out the full flavours in numerous delicacies including soups, stews, and vegetables and tempering, it also forms an important part of many spice mixes and beverages.
One of the most classic and popular rice dishes in India is Jeera rice or cumin rice. The dish is rich with delightful aromas of cumin and light fragrance of other spices, taking this simple rice dish a level up.
- 1 ½ cup Basmati rice, properly rinsed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Ceepee Cloves
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Ceepee Whole Jeera
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Ceepee Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add oil and heat it at medium flame. Add all the whole spices and sauté them on medium heat until jeera is nicely roasted and earthy aroma is released. Tempering brings out the proper flavour of jeera seeds.
- Add drained and rinsed basmati rice in the cooker and fry for 2-3 minutes. Do not mix vigorously as rice will break.
- Pour water and salt and stir to mix the salt evenly.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook rice on high flame for 1 whistle.
- Let the pressure release naturally, open the lid and fluff up the rice with a fork. You can add more ghee to the dish as per taste.
- Serve fresh and hot with various gravy vegetables or dal.
A very simple and easy to make dish, Jeera Aloo is a mouth-watering with jeera as star of the dish. It single-handedly infuses earthy and aromatic flavours to potatoes, giving starchy vegetable a new twist. It is an all-time favourite, especially in Punjabi kitchens.
- 2 tsp Whole Jeera or Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 cup Potatoes, evenly diced
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp Ceepee Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Green Chilli paste
- Ceepee Sendha Namak to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- Let the seeds crackle and add potatoes. Mix it well, cover the pan cook it for 10-12 minutes on medium heat or until potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Once cooked, uncover the pan, add green chilli paste, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice and mix well. Cook it for another 1 to 2 minutes on medium flame and stir once in a while.
- Serve Jeera Also hot with roti or parathas.
Jeera Masala Drink
Jeera Masala Soda is a refreshing drink extremely popular during Indian summers. It is available on streets, as bottles drink but it tastes bets when made fresh at home.
- 4-5 tsp Ceepee Whole Jeera/Cumin Seeds, dry roasted and grinded
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Lemon
- 4 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Ceepee Chaat Masala to taste
- 3-4 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Ceepee Black Pepper Powder
- Plain Soda
- In one-cup water add sugar, salt and chaat masala and mix well until it all dissolves.
- Now add freshly roasted and grinded cumin seeds and black pepper powder and mix again
- Put it on low to medium flame and prepare a thick mixture while stirring occasionally.
- Store the thick syrup in a glass bottle.
- In a glass, add ice cubes as required, lemon juice and 2 tablespoon of syrup.
- Fill the glass with soda, mix it and serve the cool beverage immediately.
Reap all the benefits of jeera with Ceepee cumin seeds. Buy cumin seeds online at various platforms including Amazon and get creative with your recipes. Our cumin seeds price is genuine while offering premium quality product.