As we all know Contacts play an important role for users when it comes to connecting. And people are using Outlook for their entire email management. It this become important to know that how to create vCard from Outlook contacts.
Because the use of the internet is expanding daily. More and more people are interacting with one another, whether on a personal or professional level. When it comes to the professional level, users utilize email programs to interact with people within the same business or with their clients. Contacts saved in their current email client are not accessible in the other email client.
In that case, the vCard format is the universal format that can be used to view the contact details on various devices. Check this brief introduction of it.
vCard Format Overview:
The vCard format is used to store and communicate contact details with others. This format provides information such as a person’s name, address, phone number, email address, and other details. vCard files can be simply imported and exported by Outlook users. You can easily create vCard from Outlook contacts using an automated approach that we discussed here.
Why Create vCard from Outlook contacts?
There are a variety of reasons why people wish to convert PST Contacts to vCard format. vCard files take up relatively little space to hold contact information. It enables the storage of multimedia data such as photos, text, audio recordings, and so on. These files are compatible with a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Blackberry, and Android.
Tip – Outlook to vCard converter software is the Quickest Solution to export numerous Outlook contacts to vCard without facing any kind of issue.
Create vCard from Outlook contacts – Manual Approach
Here are the steps to exporting a contact to vCard in Outlook:
- To access your contacts, navigate to the bottom left of your Outlook navigation window and choose ‘Contacts’ (Outlook 2007, 2010) or ‘People’ (Outlook 2013).
- Now, pick the Outlook contact you want to export to a vCard.
3. Go to the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Save As.’ Choose the folder or location where you want to store the vCard, give it a name, and choose ‘vCard files’ (.vcf) as the Save as type.
4. Finally, click on Save. And your Outlook Contacts will be exported to a vCard file.
Create Multiple vCards From Outlook Contacts
- Here’s how to export multiple Outlook Contacts:
Select the contacts to be exported to vCard.
- Forward the contacts you’ve chosen by heading to the Home page and choosing Forward Contact >> used as a Business Card.
- A new message will be shown, with the contacts you choose added as vCard attachments. This procedure can take some time.
4. Right-click within the attachment box and select Select All from the drop-down menu.
Why this method is not suitable for bulk contacts export?
While this method of exporting Outlook Contacts to vCard is handy for numerous contacts, selecting hundreds of contacts at once is not recommended. This procedure cannot be handled effectively by Outlook and can result in file corruption.
Whenever you need to export hundreds of contacts, you might need to look for a professional tool to help you. Exporting to vCard from Microsoft Outlook is still challenging.
Use Software to create vCard from Outlook contacts
With its feature-rich quality and simple interface, the Pcvita Outlook to vCard converter application are the ideal choice for meeting the user’s expectations. This program can transfer numerous files in a single operation. It even allows you to export damaged or orphaned files.
Why Should You Use This App?
- Preserves all contact information during the conversion.
- Allows you to preview the PST contacts attributes.
- Permits to export numerous files in a single go.
- Converts files that are orphaned, corrupted, or password-protected.
- Convert deleted contacts to vCards.
- Detects the default Outlook profile automatically.
- The ability to scan and load Outlook PST files.
- The feature to export all contacts or selective PST files alone.
- Creates a single/separate file for each contact.
Exporting Outlook Contacts to a vCard File:
To export contacts from Outlook to vCard, take these five simple steps:
- Download and install the Outlook to vCard conversion software. Click on Browse to Add files and folder to load the files.
2. Open the PST contact file and examine the contacts.
3. Select an export format, such as vCard format.
4. Navigate to the desired location to save the file.
5. Select Export to begin the conversion process.
Done! Your vCard file has now been generated. This is how to create vCard from Outlook contacts. This resulting file is compatible with a wide range of email applications and devices and can thus be imported into any of them.
It is not an easy procedure to create vCard from Outlook contacts. It might lead to a slew of errors and possibly the loss of the file and data. Therefore, using a professional utility such as PST to VCF converter is an expert option.