What is WPS?
WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup, and its purpose is to make a connection between a wireless device and a router a lot easier. This technology will only work with wireless networks that require a password and are encrypted with the security protocols WPA Personal or WPA2. One thing to keep in mind is that WPS will not work if the wireless network being used is using the security protocol WEP security.
Where is the WPS pin located?
You will need a WPS pin when you try to connect your printer to a particular device. The WPS can be found on the bottom of the router. It may also be found on the side of your HP printer. If you are having trouble finding it, please contact HP Support.Connecting HP Printer using WPS Button:
- Open the Control Panel settingson the HP Printer and press the Wireless or Settings button till you see a Blue light blinking
- Tap on the WiFi Protected Setup and follow the instruction on screen.
- Select the WPS button, you will be prompted to press the WPS button on your router.
- Once you have pressed the button, click Continue.
- Congratulations!Your printer is now connected and ready to use.
Connecting HP Printer using WPS pin for HP printer
- The first thing you have to do is navigate to the Control Panel of your printer.
- Click on the Wireless button and then press the Settings button.
- Next, click on the option that says Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and keep following the steps till it asks for a pin.
- When you are asked for the Pin, click on it.
- This will display a WPS Pin on your screen and after which you will have to access the configuration utility.
- After locating the WPS Pin, you will have to enter it in the given box.
- Once the setup process is completed, you can install the network printer driver and start printing wirelessly without ever connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi again!
Note: These steps are applicable for all HP envy printers, HP Deskjet 2652 and almost all the models of HP Printers. Please follow the above steps carefully to connect your printer via the WPS process. For more help, you can visit the HP Support webpage.
We hope that the steps mentioned in this article have helped you to locate WPS pin HP printer. However, if you feel that these steps aren’t helping you or you are stuck in a few steps of the process, then it is strongly advised to dial HP Printer Support Number and talk to the Customer Support executives for further assistance.
- What is a WPS PIN number?
You can easily setup the connection by entering the WPS pin code from the receiver that comes into the wireless LAN router access point to validate the connection between then devices. Remember, the pin card of the receiver appears on-screen and this is what you need when you setup the wireless protection four your device.
- Is the WPS pin the WiFi password?
The WPS stands for the Wifi protected setup and it was designed to make the setting a secure AP simpler for the average homeowner. Once the WPS is found the user can use the Pin to find the WPA2 password. So, the WPS pin helps to access the WiFi password to set up the wireless setup.
- What is the WPS PIN code?
By entering the Pin created by the company to the device that manages the wireless LAN, you can easily set up the wireless network along with security settings. By finding this you can access the WPS PIN code.
- How do I set up a WPS PIN on my HP printer?
You just have to click on the “Wireless” button and tap on the “Settings” option. After this, tap on the option that option labelled as “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”. After this, you need to follow the on-screen instructions and then proceed to the next step.
Also Read :