Once again, it is the time of the year when the horses need warmth and safety in their stables as the temperatures across the UK are falling rapidly now to -9.5 degrees Celsius. The equine friends will be grateful for giving their owner the pride of being in good shape and shiny looks. It could be a reward for these beautiful creatures’ hard work and get more in the future.
If you have a horse in the UK, it is time to know how to choose the right stable rugs for your horse and continue reading to know it.
The need for stable rugs
During this cold winter and snow in many places, the horses stay in the nighttime stables. Most of the day, they only stay put in the stables to ward off the chill climate and the pouring snow. With little movement, the temperatures of the horses fall along with the steep falling temperatures outside. Hence it is time for them to be covered with warm rugs to raise the horse’s temperature even without moving around. Only then could the horses wade this cold winter be brisk and ready for future races and other activities.
Ways to choose the right rugs
With many types and models of these rugs available online and in retail stores, it is essential to know how to choose the right rugs. The following ways may help you do it to keep your horses clean, safe, and healthy.
- They should be both comfortable for the horses and durable to use for a long time.
- The rug fabric should be breathable not to suffocate the horse and provide ventilation, as the horses may even wear it during the daytime this winter.
- The stable rug should be the right fit for the horse to ensure its free movements with no hindrance.
- It is essential to choose the right weight stable rug, as per the horse’s breed and need.
- The clipped horses need stable, heavyweight rugs, and with the temperatures falling fast in the UK, many horses may want it.
- Check the horse’s temperature by feeling it along its back by hand to choose the right stable rug.
- Choosing waterproof rugs could be the right choice now, as the snowfall increases across the UK.
- Choose a kind of rug that is of size to the horse or there may be health issues.
- It is essential to choose the right rug that is easy to secure on the horse and fast to unbuckle it to not cause any harm.
The above ways may help you choose the right stable rugs for your horse this winter to buy them only from reputed suppliers to use them for a long time to keep the horse safe, clean, and warm.