Adequate sleep is necessary for a healthy mind and a healthy body. Pillows do play an important role in filling the gap between the neck and the body and allows you to have a goodnight’s sleep.
A wrong sleeping posture might hurt your spine and can further lead to cervical spondylosis. Whenever you take a nap, your head and body should be in one line. For that, choosing the right pillow is essential to keep your spine healthy.
Now, why get a cervical contour memory foam pillow if your spine is in a good condition?
Cervical Contour Memory Foam Pillow-
Cervical contour memory foam pillows are also called neck pillows. These are named like this, as are designed keeping in mind the neck and cervical support of the body.
Before going further let us know about the type of Sleepers first-
- Side-Sleepers– People who prefer to sleep on their sides can be called side-sleepers.
- Back-Sleepers– Some people prefer to sleep on their back which is the best sleeping
- Stomach Sleepers– The ones who lie on their stomach, this is the worst sleeping posture. It not only hurts your spine but can lead to various digestion problems.
Try to sleep on your back and fill in the gap between the neck and the rest of the body with a soft pillow, to keep your body in alignment. It is better to choose your pillow according to your sleeping style. Or you may opt for Gel Memory Foam Pillow.
Memory Foam Orthopedic Contour Pillow
Memory Foam Orthopedic Contour Pillows, commonly known as Cervical pillows are designed keeping in mind all three postures of sleeping.
- For stomach sleepers, it is advised to better avoid sleeping on your stomach. As a beginner, you can try to sleep on your side and change positions while sleeping. These pillows are formed in such a way that they can be a great support while you switch postures.
- For Side-sleepers, the side areas are slightly higher to make sure that your body remains in proper alignment while you are asleep. So that your muscles can relax better, and you get a sound sleep.
- For Back-sleepers, the pillow’s cervical roll supports the neck, while the head is in contour. The neck-roll is smaller on one side and is larger on the other, place it accordingly to have a better sleep posture and your comfort level.
Coming back to the question – Why get a Cervical pillow even though your spine is in a healthy condition-
Well, prevention is always better than cure. Today’s busy lifestyle and long hour usage of electronic devices such as laptops, computers, or mobile phones, may lead to several health problems. Cervical pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, or the most dangerous one could be the Degenerative Disc Disease, are to name a few.
God forbids, that if you get any of the cervical issues, your doctor might suggest you take Neurotherapy, ask you to wear a cervical collar or, sleep on a cervical gel pillow.
Sleeping on cervical or neck pillows in a healthy condition does not harm your well-being at all, it rather protects you from having a bad posture. To keep yourself away from any medical conditions, you can try taking the caution of using the best pillow for neck pain India. It further ensures that you have a better sleep routine than earlier.
I am listing a few points on:-
How to Choose the Right Cervical Contour Memory Foam Pillow–
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam Pillow– While choosing a neck pillow, make sure it is a gel-infused memory foam pillow. These kinds of pillows are made with cooling technology to keep your body from various health hazards along with giving you a restful sleep.
- Check for Allergies– While shopping for these pillows, try to ensure that the one you are choosing is free from all kinds of allergens, microbes, and bacteria.
- Washable Cover– This might be out of the box but a necessary quality of a cervical or neck pillow. Washable cover keeps you away from the menace of getting the foam dirty. And at the same time saves you from dust particles and other kinds of bacteria.
- Orthopedic Pillows– Keep an eye on the kind of pillow you are buying. It is better to shop for an Orthopedic pillow instead of the normal ones. Orthopedic pillows are designed to keep healing properties in mind. They aim at supporting your body while you are facing irritability. And restlessness because of your busy routine or any body-related
- Durability– As a customer, you should always focus on the durability of any kind of product you are buying, especially the one made for health benefits. Keep a check on how durable the pillow is. It is better to have one made with good quality material and fabric. The long-lasting ones are the better ones.