QuickBooks is a top notch accounting software that has helped a large number of entrepreneurs and accountants to meet their business objectives. All the clients of this software are needed to make an accountant and sign in. Be that as it may, now and again clients may go over after errors like can’t sign in to QuickBooks Desktop Account as:
“The attempt to log in with the user name (name of the user) failed. This user is already logged into the company file. Try a different user name.”
“User ID Admin is already logged into the company file.”
For what reason do We Receive These Errors?
These errors may happen due to the accompanying reasons:
- QuickBooks client or accountant is signing into the company data file utilizing Remote Access, and hasn’t logged out from his last meeting.
- The client or accountant is as of now signed into the company file utilizing a similar certification from an alternate PC.
- An issue with power or force supply induced caused errors in the network.
- Tackling QuickBooks Error: The Attempt to Log In With The Username Failed
- To determine this issue, you are needed to follow this process:
- Prior to proceeding with any investigating step ensure that you have shut all your QuickBooks processes.
- At that point, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete tabs on your console to go to task manager.
- Next, go to the Processes tab.
- Once in the assignment manager window, sort the picture name of processes in sequential request of running all processes.
- Select and end each and every process beginning with “QB”. To do that, simply do a correct click on the process name and press End process.
- When all the processes of QuickBooks are shut, attempt to Log In to the QB company data file.
- Restart the server where you wish to store and host your company data file.
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Attempt to open a company data file.
- In the event that you neglect to open a file, attempt to sign in as an alternate client.
- In the event that you actually can’t sign in, contact your QuickBooks Administrator.
- In the event that you are a QuickBooks Administrator, and you use QuickBooks version 2008 or later, at that point you should reset accreditation
- Press the reset button on the login screen and answer the shown questions.
- On the off chance that you are confronting issues in resetting the qualifications, at that point download the Automated Password Reset Tool from the authority site of Intuit.
- When you reset the accreditation, and again neglect to sign into the company data file, you should reestablish your most recent backup and enter the data once more.
- On the off chance that you don’t have a backup or precise backup, at that point present the file to the Data recovery services for recovery.