The ij.start.canon is the Canon printer help site for downloading and installing Canon printer drivers. You can find and configure the manual for your printer model online. Ij.start.canon aims to raise your awareness and install the latest features installed on the printer. To start Canon printer setup without problems, you need to visit https://ij.start.canon and follow the guidelines shown here.
Downloading latest Canon printer drivers & software – Https//ij.start.canon
Please follow the steps below to download the Canon printer driver:
- Go to http:ij.start.canon-Canon support website
- select the “Configuration” tab (start here)
- scroll down the page https ij start canon, select the Canon model
- The first letters are MX, TR, E. The product name will appear, so select the model name to jump to the download location.
- Select your operating system at the top of the ij.start.canon page, such as Windows, MacOS, etc. Select “Save”, “Save As” or follow the instructions of your browser.
Installing & Setting Up Your Canon Inkjet Printer Wirelessly
Each Canon model has its own function, so the steps of the setting method may differ depending on your printer; however, the initial steps are the same for everyone.
Therefore, start with the following:
- Https: //You must visit ij.start.canon to get the correct printer driver.
- To start the initial wireless setup, complete the packaging and turn on the Canon printer.
- Check if the router has a WPS button, and then press the WiFi button on the printer.
- Then, press the WPS button on the nearby router to connect wirelessly.
- If you don’t see the “Connected to WiFi” status, please follow the steps below:
- On Canon models, press Settings, then select Device Settings> OK. >OK, then select Active WLAN.
- After the printer displays the standard settings, search for the access point.
- Enter the security key to connect the printer to the wireless LAN, and then press OK.
- Download the compatible software for your Canon printer model by visiting http://ij.start.canon, or use the installation CD.
- Install Ij.start Canon installer, and then click “Start Installer”.
- When the connection method is displayed, please accept the terms of the printer software and select the wireless LAN connection.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the wireless setup of the Canon printer
Other Methods To Connect & Set Up Your Canon Printer
In case your printer fails to connect wireless network, you can try the below methods to setup Canon printer:-
Method 1 – Canon Printer Wired LAN setup : Https://ij.start.canon
- Obtain an Ethernet cable to start the wired LAN setup.
- Remove the left side cover from the back of the printer.
- Connect network equipment and Canon model via Ethernet cable.
- Touch the home and WiFi appearance icon. Touch “LAN Settings”, “Wired LAN”, “Wired LAN”.
- Active / Inactive and Active one after another.
- After the wired LAN setup is complete, press the start icon.
- Now go to http://ij.start.canon or search for ij.start.canon and download the software Canon printer.
- https: //ij.start.canon Follow the prompts to install the driver and software on Windows/mac.
- When the “Select Connection Method” screen appears, select “Wired LAN Connection”.
- Select the printer from the list displayed on the installation screen, and then continue and display the following message until the “Configuration Complete” screen is displayed.
Method 2 – Setting up Canon printer via USB Cable
- Close all applications running in the background.
- Use https://ij.start.canon to download Canon printer software.
- Click the Ij.start canon configuration file and start the installation.
- Select the USB connection method. After the “Connect USB cable” message appears, plug the USB cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the USB port of your PC or laptop.
- Complete the installation instructions on the system software screen. Check all connections to finalize the setup.
Canon Printer Wireless Setup
The wireless setup of Canon printers is an essential step that can give your award-winning printing device an unparalleled user experience. In terms of products and connectivity options, Canon is known for its versatility and user-centric approach. In other words, their products have excellent connectivity options that can meet the specific requirements of different users. Therefore, you have complete freedom to choose the most suitable printer that can be easily configured on your existing home network.
Use SSID to set up the LAN First
- Turn on your printer and router for Canon printer wireless settings.
- Next, check the “Control Panel” of the printer.
- Your display screen provides you with a startup window to complete the setup process.
- But, in case you get a blank display screen.
- Next, look for the “Energy Saver” button.
- This button displays the “sleep mode” icon.
- If you notice that this button lights up. Then press it.
- In this way, your printer will “wake up”. Then press the “Start” button. Now, go to the “Start” window to find the “Menu” tab. When you find it, tap it.
- Click “Preferences” in the next “Menu” window.
- Next, you need to select the “Network” option.
- The next window requires “Login”.
- Therefore, please provide your printer’s “System Administrator Login ID and PIN/Password” correctly.
- Then click “Login”. After that, select “Wireless LAN Settings” for Canon printers.
- When prompted, select “Yes” to enable wireless LAN.
- In the next window, you will get detailed information about the wireless LAN.
- Therefore, please check the information correctly. Then click “OK”. Now, click the “SSID Settings” option to perform Canon printer wireless settings.
- Next, you need to go to the tab that says “Select an access point”.
- With this option, your printer will automatically find an available network and connect to it.
- In this way, the next window will display a list of networks available for connection. In other words, it provides “SSID”, which is your “network/router name”.
- Therefore, please select the “SSID” of your home network correctly.
- Then click “Next”. When asked to confirm your choice, click “OK”.
- Then, please provide the corresponding “Network Password” correctly. Then click “Apply”. Later, check the message provided in the next window.
- Then click “Yes”. In this way, you will complete the wireless setup of the Canon printer.
- In other words, a connection will be established between the printer and your network. However, you must wait for this process to complete.
- The next window will confirm that your status is “Connected”.
- Therefore, click “Close” to exit.
- Finally, your printer’s IP address and other details will be set automatically. Therefore, you should expect it.
WPS Push-button Method
- Start the Canon printer wireless setup process by safely connecting the printer to a stable power source.
- To do this, you must use the power cord included in the printer package.
- Turn on the power socket on the wall. Then press the “Power” button on the printer to turn it on.
- This should make your “power light” turn green. Then turn on the router.
- Also make sure it works properly.
- To check this, please connect any other devices such as computers, laptops, smartphones, etc.
- Then try to access the Internet. Now, check the “Control Panel” of the printer.
- Here, you need to look for the “wireless” button. You can easily recognize this button that displays the “Wireless” icon. After you find it, press and hold it. Wait until you notice that the corresponding “light” starts to flash. After that, release it.
- In this way, your “light” will turn blue.
- Next, you need to go to the access point of the network, which is the router.
- Next, find your WPS button. Press and hold it still. However, it is very important to perform this step in a timely manner.
- In other words, don’t wait more than 2 minutes after completing the last step.
- Therefore, you will notice that the lights on the printer start to flash regularly. This indicates that your printer is searching for available networks.
- After that, the printer’s “power light” will start flashing together with its “indicator light”. This happens when the printer tries to establish a connection with your home network.
- Therefore, you must wait for these lights to stabilize. In other words, they should stop blinking but continue to blink. In this way, you can easily complete the Canon printer setup process.
- However, it is important to remember that this method only works with printers and routers equipped with a physical WPS button.
- Although the latest Canon printers provide this connection function. But before using this method, you should always check your router.
- Then download driver by ij.start.cannon
Apart from these prominent methods, you can complete the Canon Printer Wireless Setup process with some additional methods. These procedures are equally hasslefree and easy.
- Standard Setup Method
- Cableless Setup Method
- WPS with PIN Method
- Manual Connection
- WiFi Direct Method