Are you facing issues accessing OST files in Outlook?
Do not know — why it is happening?
Want to learn how to access these unapproachable OST files?
You are in right place…
We will provide a direct solution for the user query“cannot access OST files in Outlook application”. Keep reading to learn the practical solution.
User Query #1.
User Query #2.
User Query #3.
“I have 52 GB OST files on Outlook application. When I was trying to open the OST file in Outlook 2016, it couldn’t not open.
Can anyone tell me why it is happening? And how can I access inaccessible OST files?
Thanks a ton.”
Why user cannot access OST files in Outlook?
Queries like these are frequently asked by users. Many reasons are responsible for this issue. Have a look at them.
- Multiple users trying to access the same OST file, generally in the case of networked systems.
- Unreliable network service or poor internet linkage while accessing the OST file
- Problem while synchronizing between OST files and linked Exchanged mailbox
- Application conflicting with Outlook platform.
Here is the solution you can rely on when you cannot access the OST file in the Outlook application.
Solution #1 Quit all Outlook Related Processes
- Choose “Task Manager” from the taskbar by right-clicking it, OR Press CTRL + ALT + Delete altogether, then select “Task Manager“.
- Go to the “Processes” tab.
- Look for something with the label “Communicator,” “Lync,” “ucmapi,” or “Outlook” in the title. Select any items that are connected to these, then select the “End task” icon.
Solution # 2: Restart the computer
If after killing the Outlook process, the problem remains the same, then instead of going for any complicated process, simply choose the restart the system. Choose “Start” >> “Restart.”
Solution #3: Disable Cached Exchange Mode
- Quit Outlook program.
- Open Control Panel>>Mail option.
- Select “Email Accounts” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Email” tab.
- Select “Change” after selecting the email address that is prompting the alert (email.ost).
- Uncheck the box next to “Use Cached Exchanged Mode.”
- Click “Next” and then “Finish.”
Solution # 4: Using the Outlook Import Export Wizard (convert OST to PST)
If you have access to Outlook, you can use the Outlook Import/Export wizard to convert an OST file to a PST file.
- To use the ‘Import and Export Wizard,’ open Outlook and go to File>>Open>>Import.
- Choose ‘Export to a file’ and then press the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on ‘Browse’ to select a place to save the converted file, then ‘Finish’.
- Select ‘Outlook data file (.pst)’ from the next prompt and then press the ‘Next button.
Remember – The Outlook Import/Export wizard cannot operate if the OST file is unavailable. Using the OST to PST converter tool in this situation is the best alternative to access the OST files.
Solution # 5: Search OST files with SCANOST
Recovering and Repairing OST Files in MS Outlook 2007/ 2010/ 2013
The SCANOST inbuilt tool in Microsoft Outlook 2007 can be used to restore Outlook OST files. To fix a corrupted OST file, a user simply needs to find the file on their local machine and run it on the device.
After completion of the repair process, check if the OST files are not accessible now or not.
Note – The Offline Storage table which has minor corruption issues can be fixed by it. But for major issues, you have to reach the professional solution that OST to PST converter.
Now try to open Outlook once more. Hopefully, everything is functioning properly now. Since this solution updates your Outlook settings to use the server directly, most probably your OST files inaccessibility issues will be resolved by now. You might face speed-related issues. If you’re having trouble with Cached Exchanged Mode disabled, try testing the “Use Cached Exchange Mode”.
What if OST files are corrupted?
If none of these solutions work, then chances are high that the OST file may be corrupted due to technical or logical issues. The next action you can perform is the repair and conversion of OST to PST format.
Later import those healthy files into the Outlook application. The next solution expresses complete guidelines for it.
Solution # 6: Reliable Solution
OST data integrity must be kept intact so that it can be accessible in Outlook. Trustworthy OST to PST wizard achieves this task sophisticatedly.
To convert an OST file to a PST file, follow these simple steps.
Step 1. To begin, open the OST to PST Wizard.
Step 2: Drag and drop OST files or search them by clicking Select Files.
Step 3: Go to the system’s OST files and select them. Click the OK tab.
Step 4: Select the Convert option.
Step 5: Select a location to save the converted PST files. To continue, press the OK button.
The mission has been accomplished.
Your OST files will be converted to PST and saved in the position you choose in a matter of minutes.
Features of an OST to PST converter
- Ability to convert without using the Outlook program.
- All OST files are supported irrespective of their origin.
- Convert all data items, such as emails, attachments, contacts, and so on.
- Maintain data integrity as well as folder hierarchy.
- Files that are corrupted, unavailable, or destroyed can be converted.
- Migrate orphaned OST files with ease.
- Works for all versions of Outlook and Windows.
- A safe and secure environment because it functions offline
Error saying “cannot access OST files in Outlook” is not less than a nightmare for Outlook users. We provided many manual and also the direct solution to fix this issue.
If OST files are inaccessible due to corruption issues then you will need to convert them into healthy PST format and import them in Outlook.