Outdoor Tiles In Low Ambient Temperatures
Contrary to the generally accepted opinion that it is better to carry out external tile laying work in the warm season, The outdoor tiles laying process in winter can also be very effective, and the result of the work is of high quality.
When the ambient temperature approaches freezing or has already dropped below 00 ° C, it is first necessary to reliably protect the work surface on which the tiles are to be laid from the effects of atmospheric. In addition, the temperature in the work area must be controlled. Best of all, special heaters will cope with this task, which will maintain a constant temperature not only from the environment but also from the underlying layer. Temporary protective structures are usually built for such purposes.
Even in the development stage of a work project for the construction or improvement of the facility, where the tiles are to be placed, it is necessary to take into account the factor that the work will be carried out at low temperatures. In this case, the required amount of materials and the rules for their use under these conditions are initially set out in the project specification.
If you want to change tilling of your outdoor parking then here is the best collection of outdoor parking tiles. Check and choose the best tiles for your outdoor parking tiles.
The Main Features Of Outdoor Tiles Installation In The Cold Season
A detailed study of the underlying layer, one of whose most important conditions is to identify and eliminate excess moisture and hydrostatic pressure. The surface on which the tiles will be laid must be perfectly dry. It is important that the heaters used do not cause the liquid to evaporate. If such a phenomenon is still observed, it is necessary to ensure the removal of the vapors to the outside. This will avoid unnecessary humidity and damage to the health of workers. Some types of fumes can seriously contaminate the surface of the tile.
- The underlying layer must be strong and free from all types of contamination. Do not tile on surfaces painted with paint, resin, grease, dust, or oil.
- Tile-laying solutions should be stored in a warm and dry place for at least one day before starting to use them, as the use of cold cement mortar or special glue significantly increases their setting time and therefore the set up .
- Using the double mortar application technique on the back of the tile. Coverage should not be less than 95%.
- Particular attention should be paid to the color of the tiles, since the models in darker colors are very sensitive to changes in temperature. Subsequently, unwanted cracks often form in such types of tiles and become unsuitable for later use.
- It is forbidden to direct the heat source to the work area, this also reduces the operational characteristics of the finished object. The mortar should dry evenly, and if dried with a heater, only the top layer dries.
The temperature in the work area must be kept the same both during installation and at the end of work. The maximum time should always be taken into account, only then can the temporary protective structure be removed. The exact time required for the complete curing of the mortar is usually indicated in the specifications of the installation construction project.
If the work on laying tiles in the open air in low temperature conditions is carried out by specialists and high-quality materials for facing, in accordance with all the rules, then the result of the work will certainly be of high quality and service life The laid tiles will be long.