Rising costs of education mean that parents face tremendous pressure in providing for their children. Given the pandemic, the jobs lost, and companies that closed down in its wake, many families have been affected. If your child is checking out educational grants, encourage that move. Consider merit scholarships. Here’s what you need to know about one of the best scholarships in the country if you want to help your child pursue a scholarship.
What is the GIIS Global FUTURE-READY Merit Scholarship?
The GIIS Global FUTURE-READY Merit Scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence. It follows a structural pattern, with the entire framework divided into three categories. The categories depend on the grade/marks of the student. The scholarship is prestigious and thus, attracts plenty of applicants every year. If your child excels in academic pursuits, then they have a chance to win this grant.
Who is eligible for the grant?
Students on any GIIS campus are eligible to apply. New and current students who send in their applications to the program must have the goal to enroll in high school and continue to achieve exemplary grades for two consecutive years. If this sounds like your child, then discuss the Global FUTURE-READY Merit (GFRM) Scholarship with him/her. Students from grades 7-12 are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
What are the benefits of the GFRM Scholarship?
There are plenty of benefits to the program-
- The first is financial relief. It covers a significant portion of your child’s tuition fees for two years. That relieves you of financial burdens or lightens the load enough that preparing for the next few years of schooling won’t be as hard. For low-income parents, this is an incredible opportunity as it allows their children access to quality education at a rate that’s accessible and affordable to them. The scholarship lasts for two years and in some cases, that gives the parents enough time to set aside savings for the child’s future education.
- Another benefit of the grant is that it makes it easier for students to get into the university and program of their choice. The school prepares its students for undergraduate programs. The children are well set to have whatever they need to succeed in the future through activities designed to train critical thinking, decision-making, conflict resolution, and even boost confidence and encourage emotional intelligence development.
- The school also provides highly skilled teachers who have the training and credentials to make a difference in the lives of the students and who are dedicated and committed to providing the kids with the best learning experience possible.
- The students also develop a growth mindset through this scholarship. Because it gives them access to holistic education, the children are trained not to focus on the problems but on how to resolve them. They learn the value of optimism and staying positive. They use their creativity and critical-thinking skills to further expand their growth mindset. What can be done to resolve this? How can they help? That’s how they learn to take up opportunities and challenges. They take risks without fearing that they will fail. They know that failure is only one more lesson and that it can teach them something far more valuable: such as resiliency, persistence, and the importance of never giving up.
- Anyone who wins the GFRM Scholarship is exposed to the best of everything: resources, learning materials, facilities, environments, teachers, lessons. All that helps build a child’s confidence and skills, and teaches them to dream big and pursue what they want no matter how impossible it might seem, and keep going until they achieve their dreams.
How do you apply for the grant?
Check the requirements and start putting together what your child will need while applying for the GFRM Scholarship. Some start years early so they can help their child build an impressive application portfolio. Early preparation helps and increases your child’s chances of winning the scholarship. While there are plenty of applications for this grant, if your child is exceptional, they have a solid chance of winning it.
How can you help your child prepare?
Get your child ready for the assessment that the scholarship board will conduct. If your child’s application is shortlisted, they will compete with other children, and the assessment results will influence who will win the grant. Conduct a mock interview to help your child prepare for how to answer questions while facing the panel. This will help reduce the child’s anxiety at the thought of the interview and boost their confidence so that they’ll be ready when the interview comes.
In the end, it is important to remember that your child will be associated with the scholarship for a long time. It will impact their view of the world, and hence, thorough research is required before signing up for a scholarship.