In India, renal cell cancer (RCC) or kidney cancer is much higher than in other developed countries. In other developed countries, people are aware of routine check-ups and precautions for kidney cancer. But, in India, the awareness is not much spread, and thus, diagnosis of last stage kidney cancer is increasing at an alarming rate. Renal or kidney cancer is a dangerous malignant cancer consisting of 2-3 % of all other cancer. The scarce data on kidney cancer suggests that India has greater renal metastatic cancer than developed nations.
What is kidney cancer?
Kidney cancer suggests cancer grown in the kidneys of a patient. The specific organ is affected by the cancerous cell, which causes either malignant or benign tumors. Kidney tumors often do not metastatic, but renal cell carcinoma is malignant. Renal cell carcinoma is generally seen in adults, and kids are likely to develop Wilms’ tumor. The symptoms of kidney cancer are,
- Blood in urine
- Frequent urination
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the backside
- Sudden weight loss
The causes of kidney cancer are,
- Older age
- Kidney failure treatment
- Inherited syndromes
- Family history of kidney cancer
If a person develops, any symptom mentioned should immediately consult a doctor and diagnose the abnormality.
Statistics of kidney cancer in India
As per records and surveys are done by experts in many cancer treating hospitals and other health centers in India, almost 50% of kidney cancer patients are between 55 and 75. The male to female ratio of kidney cancer affected is 3.5:1. Whereas 40% of patients reach a metastatic stage when diagnosed first with kidney cancer and only 20% in stage 1. So, from these facts, it is clear that kidney cancer is a threat to Indian public. Most patients are unaware of the potential cancer growth in their bodies due to a lack of knowledge.
Diagnosis of kidney cancer in India
The following procedures are maintained while diagnosing a potential kidney cancer patient,
- Physical exam – The doctor primarily checks the patient for any detectable symptom.
- Urine test – The urine test determines if there is any abnormality in blood or kidney functions.
- Blood test – Several substances of blood are checked for any type of abnormality. The levels of different minerals and compounds are examined to determine the function of the kidney.
- Intravenous Pyelogram – This is a medical procedure to check urine movement in the kidney for any detectable lump or tumor.
- Biopsy – The doctors prescribe biopsy for the patients where other methods do not conclude anything. In this process, tissue from the kidney is removed and examined.
Treatment of kidney cancer in India
A specialist is recommended for treating kidney cancer. The patient is asked for the type of treatment they want. At first, doctors preferred medicinal treatment for kidney tumors. The kidney tumor treatment consists of several stages. If the medicinal treatment is not enough, surgeons are engaged to remove the affected part of the kidney or entire kidney. Kidney tumor treatment or kidney cancer treatment is very complex, so call now in Cancer Healer Center for more information. Cancer Healer Center also offers every possible facility for treating kidney cancer.