Even though education is mandatory in Singapore from the primary level or Grade 1, children between the ages of 2.5 and 7 should attend preschool to gain essential cognitive skills at an early stage of life. While the preschool experience fosters confidence and social skills in children, it also familiarises them with letters, numbers, geometric shapes, etc. It lays the foundation for leading a more robust student life ahead.
Preschool education in Singapore can be primarily divided into two categories:
- Half-day or full-day care programs
- Kindergarten education
Read on to know more about the top 3 preschools in Singapore.
1. Global Indian International School (GIIS)
A leading preschool in Singapore,
GIIS offers the Global Montessori Plus (GMP) program to students, which encapsulates the best practices for modern kindergarten education. Enabling the students to reach their fullest potential, the five key aspects of the preschool curriculum offered at GIIS are as follows:
- Excelerate Programme: It provides fluency in four major learning skills, i.e., listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Multifaceted Learning: Through a theme-based curriculum, students are provided with a holistic learning approach that stimulates verbal, logical, visual, and musical abilities. It also helps in developing interpersonal and intrapersonal skills in young ones.
- iCare: It encourages the children to care about each other as well as the world and environment through innovative techniques and well-planned activities. The importance of recycling and cleanliness instilled in their minds from a young age can last a lifetime.
- iPlay: It helps the children to develop social-emotional and cognitive development through playing games. This also allows them to understand the significance of teamwork, sharing, and communication.
- Future Ready: This aspect of the curriculum combines science, technology, robotics, engineering, art, and mathematics, introducing the children to the latest learning techniques.
By infusing the fundamentals of formal methodology with advanced tools, GIIS has created a unique learning environment that offers preschoolers unprecedented growth opportunities. Along with developing cognitive, expressive, and motor skills, it also nurtures them to be socially responsible, culturally aware, and responsive to the situations around them. GIIS also helps in imparting entrepreneurial skills and developing community care concepts in preschoolers.
With qualified kindergarten teachers to pave their way and plenty of opportunities to showcase their talents, the young minds are bound to have a great time learning life skills and connecting with each other at what is one of the best international schools in Singapore.
2. Mind Champs PreSchool
Known for research-based curriculum delivered through exclusive learning techniques, Mind Champs is one of the most recognised institutions in the preschool sector, which offers academically-charged programs for children from 18 months to six years old at the playgroup, nursery, and kindergarten levels. Designed by specialists based on development in the domains of education, psychology, neuroscience, and theatre, the preschool provides various opportunities to its students to explore their interests such as singing, acting, writing, etc.
The school’s holistic learning pedagogy integrates creativity and learning techniques in addition to S.M.I.L.E.S. (Sensory, Motor (Music and Movement), Intellectual, Linguistic, Emotional and Social) elements to engage and stimulate lesson activities.
The school also provides its experienced faculty intensive 200-hour training course so that they could effectively use the advanced learning techniques with their future students. With more than 30 centres spread across the island, each outlet is equipped with an indoor learning environment and a children’s gym. The preschool’s bilingual curriculum encourages the little ones’ cognitive and social development through their formative years to prepare them for primary school education.
3. Blue House International School
With an inspiring campus and refreshing environment, Blue House incorporates teaching methods that deal with children’s curiosity to uncover their full potential. A perfect place to flex their imaginative side and artistic abilities, the classes at Blue House also include drama, art, and music for children aged between 18 months and six years.
One of this institution’s unique features is its curriculum that emphasises organising playgroups for learning and the documentation of a child’s growth at every level. The children are guaranteed to experience a positive and respectful environment that will pique their interest to voice their thoughts and interests with confidence.
Due to its effective way of interacting with the young ones and an immersive campus layout, the preschool provides an enjoyable learning experience for the children, whether it is their academic development, physical growth, or discovering their artistic skills at an early age. Along with regular classes, Blue House also conducts drop-in sessions where you are invited to play with your child any day of the week.
In the end, remember preschool learning lays the groundwork for a child’s overall development for the later years. Parents should perform extensive research about the school’s academic and inventive curriculum and its learning environment to ensure that their little ones could realise their true potential.