QuickBooks Error 557 can occur when you try to download the regular payroll updates. This error is frequent when you upgrade QuickBooks to a new version. No doubt, QuickBooks has made accounting tasks reasonably easy with its robust features. QuickBooks payroll subscription can help you make your payments convenient and easy to implement. Your banking tasks become relatively more straightforward with QuickBooks. However, with all such features comes a list of errors and technical issues, one of which is error 557. This blog will cover the causes, symptoms, and solutions associated with this error.
You can contact a team of QuickBooks Professionals at (1-855-948-3646) if you want reasonable answers for any of your queries or doubts.
Causes Of Error 557 In QuickBooks
There are some reasons that you should know to resolve this error. Then out of those, it’s essential to know the cause of your error and then try and figure out the solution for your error 557. To know the reason for your error, go through the points given below:
- A corrupt or incomplete update of QuickBooks.
- Any malicious virus or malware attack.
- Corrupt installation of the application.
- Improper shutdown of the system can bring about a Windows crash that can lead to this error.
- Wrong configuration of QuickBooks.
- Important files got deleted from the directory.
Knowing these reasons will make it easy for you to resolve your error. For the symptoms of error 557 in QuickBooks, you can move to the next solution.
Symptoms Of Error Code 557 In QuickBooks
Knowing the symptoms of an error is extremely important as it allows you to initiate a prompt action. With the signs in mind, you can quickly recognize the error and can work on its solutions. Some of the symptoms for the error 557 are stated below:
- Almost certainly, an error message gets displayed on your screen that reads, “Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- You can also see a sharp drop in your Internet connection speed. However, this symptom is not always observed.
- Your system performance can drop significantly.
With the symptoms and causes now understood, you can move to the solutions that are discussed in the next section.
Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
There are certainly some practical solutions that you can try to resolve this error. Mainly you should try and recognize the cause of your error and then try the answers. It’ll be convenient for you to fix your error this way. Go through the solutions for QuickBooks Payroll Error 557 given below:
Solution 1: Use System Restore
You can go for System Restore in Windows, as this is a standard way to resolve multiple major issues in QuickBooks. Poor Windows functioning can get resolved with this error. Go through the steps given below to fix QuickBooks Error 557:
- Login to your system.
- Click the Start button and now click on Accessories, System Tools, and System Restore.
- Choose a restore point you may have created earlier. You can also select automatically created restore points.
- Click on Next and now wait for the System Restore.
- You can restart the Windows once the system restore is finished.
- Once the restore process is done, you can restart QuickBooks.
Go through the next set of steps if these measures haven’t helped you in the slightest.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
Before you try this simple method, you can check to see if you have the latest release. You can open the Product Information window in QuickBooks to check the version that you are using. Go through the steps given below if you feel the need to update:
- You can set up automatic updates by going to the Help menu and choosing Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now move to the Update Now tab. You can select the Reset Update checkbox to clear all the historical downloads.
- Choose Get Updates to initiate the download.
- You can restart QuickBooks when the download completes.
- Accept the option to install the latest release.
- You can schedule future automatic updates by going to the Help menu and choosing Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab, and you can select Yes to turn on the automatic updates.
- Choose Close. QuickBooks will now download updates when available.
QuickBooks Error 557 can get resolved with the steps mentioned in this blog. Please make sure to implement all the measures with perfection. Also, make sure to read the causes and the symptoms of the error as they can provide you with valuable information that can help you fix this error. With this, you are set to resolve this error on your own.
You can also call a team of QuickBooks Professionals at (1-855-948-3646) when you feel unsure of the steps that you are implementing.