Every process needs testing to be completed with more reliability. The same is in the case of construction or in other processes. The testing of raw materials used for further processing is considered the most important one. There are different materials used and soil, rocks, cement, etc are some of them. There are many tests performed on the testing of soil, rocks, etc and many instruments are being used for this purpose. The triaxial apparatus is one of the important aspects of this type of testing. For the purpose of triaxial testing, you will use this instrument.
The triaxial apparatus will also include the triaxial cell, a control panel, and a testing machine. This type of testing is also known as one of the most suitable methods of soil testing. The superior quality samples will be used for the purpose of triaxial testing. There are proper specifications mentioned for the samples that their height, diameter ratio, weight, and so on. Especially in the geotechnical laboratory, this test is performed in the majority. Not only the shear strength but other things can also be measured with the help of this test that includes stiffness, permeability, etc. There are many kinds of triaxial testing like consolidated, unconsolidated, etc.
There are many merits of triaxial testing that you must know. These are:
- Suitable for drainage: The triaxial testing is also suitable for the various drainage conditions and this is one of the important merits of this test.
- Easy measurement: You can easily measure the pressure which is poor and the different kinds of changes in volume. These can be measured in a direct way.
- Used for the research work: The triaxial testing is also used for the purpose of thesis or research work. The results obtained from this type of testing will be accurate enough for the research work.
- Easy drawing the Mohr circle: In this type of testing, drawing the Mohr circle seems possible which is not possible in other cases. You can draw this on any stage.
- Failure of the weak sample: This point is also considered as an important advantage of this type of testing. The samples will not succeed when it is weaker and this is what we all want to know.
- Uniformity in distribution: The distribution of stress is another issue that you need to consider in triaxial testing. The distribution of stress will be standardized.
So, these are the following merits of triaxial testing equipment that you must know before using it. The right triaxial testing equipment should be used for this purpose so that it will be easier for you to conduct this test and to acquire accurate results. The proper testing procedures are available that must be followed at every step in order to add more reliability and accuracy to this type of test. So, you must make use of this type of testing to get all the relevant information required. There are many other testing types of equipment available that are used for the purpose of testing other materials like cement, rock, etc.