Whether you are the manufacturer or the store owner, marketing your products is necessary to succeed in business. Indeed, you might set product promoters and store attendants in place, but all that will be in vain if you do not have a good marketing strategy. Luckily, there are many tactics you can explore to promote your products in a retail store. You only have to choose the ones that work best for you.
In this article, you will discover 6 of the most effective in store promotion strategies.
In-store merchandising or retail merchandising is all about your products’ visual appearance and your store at large- while on display. Your products should display in a way that the customer will find hard to ignore. Some of the ideas you can use include:
- Buy-one-get-one-free in-store promotion
- Strategic positioning of your fastest-selling products.
- POS (Point-of-sale) displays.
Creative window displays are another effective way to promote your products inside a store. The idea is to attract innocent passersby into the store and hopefully make some additional sales.
Curbside displays are more or less like window displays. But their main target is the people passing by your store on foot. In general, they tell people:
- That your store is open for visitors.
- What is available in your store.
- Any special offers and promotions you may have and so on.
The best part about curbside displays is that they are among the most cost-effective in store promotion options available in the market.
Your staff, and product promoters, must all have the necessary qualifications and expertise to perform their duties to the fullest. They must:
- Have the ability to handle the inventory.
- Have good people skills to help customers with their purchases.
- Be good planners.
- Be well-informed about the product or brand for which they advocate and so on.
A qualified team behind you knows what they are doing and will come in handy to promote your brand and ultimately boost your sales revenues.
Local Business Relationships
Another effective way to promote your products is through other businesses in your local area. Focus on building a good relationship and partnerships with the businesses around you to reach more people and increase your audience.
If you are dealing with pet care products, for example, you can ask the veterinarians around you to see whether anyone would want to sell these products in their stores.
You can also hold a joint event or contest with another brand to promote your products.
Leverage the Internet
Last but not least, your promotion is incomplete without an online strategy. Especially now that we use Google and other search engines to look for just about anything, the internet is the easiest and the fastest way to reach more people.
- Use YouTube to post videos and illustrations of your products.
- Use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms to advertise your brand and engage your audience.
- Use email marketing to re-target previous audiences, and rekindle their interests.
- Use influencers to target new audiences and generate more traffic.
These are the 6-most effective ways you can use to promote your products. Find the perfect mix to maximize your benefits.