More people are looking to buy wild honey online than ever before. It’s an expected phenomenon since the digital world has brought more information about the potential of wild honey to act as a game-changer to maintain one’s health, fitness, and wellness. But before you place that order and excite your tastebuds, let’s take a look at what makes this product the proverbial “liquid gold.”
Here are five things you may not know about wild honey!
1. Unfortunately, wild honey is not always sourced ethically. Sometimes, they are collected in a manner that is harmful to the delicate ecosystem – even harming the bees or the plants in the process. Other times, they are extracted at a scale that makes it difficult for the bees to return.
2. Gathering wild honey can’t be taught through textbooks and online courses. It is an ancient skill that has been perfected by native tribes who live in dense forest regions. Some of the tribes, like those living in the Nilgiris range of the Western Ghats, have also worshipped the bees throughout history, as they are an important part of their culture.
3. Before you buy wild honey online, it is important to understand the grueling process behind the collection. First, the journey starts with long treks across terrains that are filled with dense forests, uphill climbs, and dangers, such as slippery rocks and wild animals. Secondly, it’s about locating the right hive that is ready for extraction. Next, the wild honey gatherers have to study the movement of the bees and their droppings so that they know when would be the right time to start the collection process. Finally, they use homemade tools to climb the tree and smoke out the bees in a manner that ensures that they return to the hives once the combs are secured.
4. A recent study by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) shockingly revealed that “10 out of top 13 honey brands in India had failed the purity test.” It also found that the honey contained sugar syrups despite passing the stipulated tests. Hence, while you may be eager to buy wild honey online, you must be doubly sure that your brand of choice does not include any artificial preservatives. They also should not heat or pasteurize, which can remove some of the wild honey’s most valuable natural ingredients.
5. Wild honey collected from hills and mountains tends to be preferred over other varieties because their flora ecosystem tends to make the honey more medicinalrich. They contain high levels of anti-inflammation, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
Why you should check out Wild Honey Hunters
Wild Honey Hunters are an ethical honey brand that stands by its commitment to deliver great honey products while remaining bee-friendly and environmentally conscious. We collect only the best wild honey from bio-diverse forests through ethical methods. Wild Honey Hunters also works closely with the native tribes in the ghats regions to ensure that the whole process is 100% natural.