As we move forward, we tend to realize the importance of traditional practices. One such practice that has heavily popular was the use of handmade ceramic plates. They were used in almost every household before the advent of plastic or melamine crockery. However, the ceramic plates are now making a return as more and more people are opting for a more sustainable way of living. Ceramic plates are made with the help of clay and clay being a natural resource helps in reducing the impact on our mother earth. Ceramic plates are now today’s new trend and that is going to remain for a long time. However, there are many still who doubt the use of ceramic plates in place of generic crockery. With the help of the following reasons, one can understand why it is better to switch to ceramic plates at earliest as possible. These include:
- Heat resistant: Ceramic plates are formed after the clay has been kiln and glazed. This makes them highly resistant to heat which thereby keeps the food on your plate hot for a longer time. Also one can easily touch the bottom of a ceramic plate as it will not as hot as compared to steel or plastic plates. Thus ensuring we do not burn our fingers by the simple act of touching our plates.
- Microwave safe: We all use plastic containers or plates to heat our food in the microwave. However, it is not safe to do as plastic is known to generate toxic chemicals when they are heated up. Hence we have been consuming toxic chemicals more than often. However one can tackle this situation by switching to ceramic plates. This because clay is used in their making which is a highly organic material that causes no harmful effect to our body when it is heated in the microwave.
- Safe for milk and milk products: Milk is one of the most perishables food items and thus we need to store this into where the chances of it getting spoiled are low. This can be done by choosing handmade ceramic plates or pots. This will help you keep the milk and milk products safe and also contribute towards making them taste better.
- Promotes Indian local handicraft: Indian handicraft has always been famous all over the world but with change in time and advent of mass-produced items their popularity tends to fade away. However with the buying of handmade plates, one can contribute to promoting local handicrafts. Our local community has so much to offer because of their amazing skills and that is why it becomes our responsibility to make them popular once again.
- Stylish: Ceramic plates are very stylish and unique. They come in different colors, patterns, etc. They look extremely classy and tend to catch everyone’s attention. Thus next time when you are having people over one can certainly make an impression by adding these into your crockery.
Hence these are some of the reasons that make owning of handmade ceramic plate must. This will add a rustic touch and will also make your food taste better.