Also called aesthetic dentistry, cosmetic dentistry refers to dental procedures that enhance the appearance, look, or quality of one’s teeth and smile.
- Who can get cosmetic dental procedures?
Anyone who wants to have better-looking teeth can go to a cosmetic dentist for a cosmetic dental procedure. To determine if you need one, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I self-conscious about my crooked teeth or the gaps between my teeth when I smile?
- Have my teeth become too yellow or stained due to smoking or other reasons?
- Are there cracks or chips in my teeth that negatively impact my appearance?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you should find a cosmetic dentist to help you.
- What are the different types of cosmetic dentistry?
Below are some of the most common ones that you may already be familiar with:
- Teeth whitening – This is the least costly and easiest way to enhance your teeth and smile. It is done by applying teeth whitening toothpaste, strips, rinses, molds, or gels that bleach the teeth to make them whiter.
- Inlays and onlays – These are needed if your teeth have insufficient structure or mild to moderate levels of decay. The fillings are made from porcelain, gold, or ceramic and attached to the problematic teeth using adhesive dental cement.
- Dental veneers – These provide a fix for damaged enamel, gaps between teeth, cracked teeth, crooked teeth, and more. They are custom-made using medical-grade ceramic, and look natural and realistic once applied.
- Dental implants – These are a great replacement for damaged or missing teeth. They are made of titanium and inserted into the spot of the missing tooth.
- What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Many people undergo cosmetic dentistry procedures because of the benefits they can enjoy from it, such as:
- Correct aesthetic issues – If you want to remove or correct teeth stains, gapped teeth, chips, cracks, misaligned teeth, or misshapen teeth, going through cosmetic dental procedures can make it happen.
- Boost confidence – Having aesthetic teeth issues can leave you with low self-confidence. By fixing these, your looks can improve and you will feel better about yourself.
- Have a better smile – People with teeth stains, gapped teeth, chips, cracks, misaligned teeth, or misshapen teeth tend to get very self-conscious when they smile. Cosmetic dentistry can change that and give them a bright white smile.
- Does Invisalign fall under cosmetic dentistry?
Invisalign can be considered as both a cosmetic and functional dental procedure. It not only improves your smile, but it can also fix overbites, crowded teeth, and other dental problems.
- How do you find a cosmetic dentist?
If you need cosmetic dentistry in NYC, you can use the Internet to find one. Simply do a quick search of “cosmetic dentist in NYC” online to get listings of clinics to contact. Or if you need something more specific, such as an Invisalign dentist, look up “Invisalign dentist NYC” to get Invisalign dentist NYC listing options to consider.
Source: Dental health services.